Monday 16 January 2017

SOME THINGS OLD, SOME THINGS NEW.

I was hoping to post about a weekend quilt project.  It didn't happen, but I've made a start & maybe through the week you can come on the journey with me.
Instead we have some bits and pieces from the past & some from the very present.

My OLYMPIC STARS quilt, which I posted about on the machine back in July & told the story behind it.  I finally finished the hand sewing of the binding.  Tadah!!!



Something else I found whilst searching for an old quilt I've been unpicking was this.  Many years ago I attended classes and found that carrying all the paraphernalia quite bothersome, so I made this up as I went along.

The front has 2 star panels.

The back has some pockets, the large long one for putting my large rectangular ruler in.  The others for  bits 'n' pieces.

Inside more pockets, one of which has elastic casing, & I'm not sure why I did it like that, but things do stay in  there instead of dropping out.  Once I closed,  I can just slot my cutting mat inside  and away I go.
I don't do classes any more, as there are none close by.  Ah, maybe one day, but it brought back many memories of times gone by.

On the new front, I showed some fabric last post and also the needle & hook cases I made, and this is what goes with them.

I can get a large on the go crochet rug in here.  Very handy if I'm taking it somewhere with me.
Inside, as well as the pocket they suggested, I added one to take a pattern, so that it stays flat.

Hope you can see that taller pocket behind the long brown one.
Remember this........

After much hard work, we have......





A MODEL T FORD.
Now isn't that "absolutely" gorgeous.  Of course made by my very, very clever hubby.

MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK.  
Oh, I'm just kidding,  as it was large & heavy.
I spoke about lending a helping hand last Friday with a hoist going into a new shed a friend had built. Well this photo  is of the 4 men working hard and we've just heard that is now operational.

All hands on deck.

JUST BECAUSE, I CAN!

These last 2 photos, aren't related to anything new or old particularly.

We received this envelope today with a Xmas card in it.  Early or late?
Can you see the date on the postmark!!!!!
Long time coming.
I couldn't help but take a quick snap of this late today.   The sun was shining through the glass on our front door & throwing prism like rainbows onto the lounge room wall above my piano & capturing a shadow of the figurine.
OK, I found it fascinating.
Must away as I'm feeling a tad tired, as I've not been sleeping well.   Tomorrow is to be a scorcher & I want to work on something new on this here blog.  Will hopefully get some of the weekend quilt done too & soon be able to post about using your stash, which is what it is all about.  
Have a good week all, take care and huggles.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. I like your new bag very much and am really impressed with your husband's model. Looking forward to seeing your project for this week. I'm holding back from crafting projects until I've sorted our back bedroom... aka 'the room of doom'!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Hope you get your room sorted soon.

      Delete
  2. I find having dedicated project bags such a great idea, it's good to have everything for each project sorted out and to hand. Love the Model T Ford, what a clever husband you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments & I'll let hubby know you love the Model T. He's another one in mind now. I'll admit that I too like having things sorted.

      Delete
  3. The Model T Ford looks amazing, and so do your bags, and do I Spy with my little eye, an extra heading at the top of your blog?? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my first post/draft, but can't get it onto that page. HELP!!!!! It took me ages & I've still got lots of quilts to go. (sob). Thanks for the lovely comments too.

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely selection of craft totes, clever how you have tailor made them to your craft! Keep has done it again, clever man! I love sun prisms on walls. We don't get them in this house but our previous one captured them and it made my heart sing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kate. I also love prisms & have often thought about making a suncatcher, but haven't anywhere near that do classes or workshops like that(nothing actually doing crafty stuff). He is clever isn't he. He's now thinking of designing one himself. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything is ok... Your most recent post seems to have disappeared! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jan, everything OK & this is my last post. I was having trouble with Quilt Gallery page (something new for me), but that is now rectified & will be updated in the year ahead with all my quilts from 40 years of making.

      Delete
  7. Lovely to catch up with you! Your quilt is beautiful, I love the way that the stars are all so different. Your husbands model is fantastic, he is a very clever fellow indeed!! He should be very proud of it. Glad all went well with the garage works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Each star represents one of the gold medals we won at the Olympic Games held in Sydney in 2000. Must do an email catchup with you. I've actually added a new page to my blog, so that was a big learning curve, but it has lots of quilts on it & more to come. (40 years worth to be archived....ugh!)

      Delete
  8. Awesome Model T!!!! He is seriously clever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when huge bags like that were all the rage for going to quilt qorkshops. I never made one because the people I saw with them all seemed to be struggling with the weight and overall size.

    Keith's car is beautiful, and well done to you for adding the "Page" with your quilts on . I've often thought of doing something similar - probably never going to happen :)

    ReplyDelete