Saturday 25 November 2017

A QUICK CATCHUP!

I'm behind on everything due to an unbelievably busy few months, with more to come until the New Year. It's just been silly sort of stuff......car club bits (outings, a meal, tidy clubrooms ready for Xmas), gardening (weeding, watering due to severe heat, building structures, pruning, hedge cutting), mending cars (both), medical (due to ageing😖), but we are both OK & reasonably fit for our age.
Over the next few weeks we have child minding to do, carpet to be laid in lounge room..ugh, along with more car club things, Xmas card writing, and making ready the house for visitors from the UK.
Think I'll need a holiday come New Year.
Just a few odd photos from the last month, though I'll not say too much.  Extremely warm today & just at the moment it is 36.8° & the study hasn't an outlet from the cooler, so I'm quite hot & sticky.


The veg garden looking a bit droopy at about 2pm this afternoon and we had 3mm of rain last night.
Top pic has 3 tomatoes, a zucchini and 2 rows of bush beans.  The lower pic has a self-seeded wayward pumpkin, a row of carrots sown from seed and some silver beet, which we've already started harvesting.
I've done very little sewing recently, but have tried to grab a half hour now & then to work on a mystery quilt I decided to do.  I've caught up to the last installment & played with the 32 blocks on my design wall.  Poor Bubs hasn't been started since before we went to Canberra.  Oh dear!
 One day whilst out, we noticed the sign to Narracan Falls & decided to "finally" take a look.  We found these beautiful falls, that then went into another smaller lot.  We intend going again with a picnic, as it was lovely.
 A little walk the other side of the road, led to this, which we are sure was an old railway line, with the remains of a bridge in the foreground & a cutting in the distance.  It is on private property, so couldn't explore.
A lovely colourful sight on our travels one day, were these stacked silage bales.  Pretty!

A couple of odd photos to follow.
 Hawthorn blossom during Spring.

A cloud formation I just had to capture, so poor hubby pulled over when he could, and I snapped away.  It sort of reminded me of one those soft serve ice creams.
I'm not going to bore you much more, but we did go to 2 Motor Vehicle Shows over the last couple of weekends.  A quick peek at some of the Moggies on display at the Morris Minor Nationals held here in Melbourne, though I didn't get ours into any of my photos.  Silly me!!
This one is amazing and has featured in several magazines over the years.
Some of the sedans on display.  I found it very hard to take photos because of the positioning of the parking.  Ours was in the commercial section.  Anyway, it was a good day & being able to catch up with people from our past, especially friends we knew from our very first Morris Minor Club in Tasmania, which we joined in 1987.  Yes, we realised we've known them for 30 years.  Wow!
That's about all folks and I'll join in the Photo Scavenger Hunt next Friday after another hectic week.
Take care and hope everyone has a good weekend.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been, and still are, very busy. I'm glad you've managed to find time for some trips out, there seems to be some wonderful places on your doorstep, and plenty of places still to discover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I don't know sometimes, how we get so busy, but there it is. At least we aren't sit at home retirees, though yesterday was so hot, K watched the V8's racing late in afternoon, something of course "car" related.

      Delete
  2. Once again you sound very busy, you need to have a picnic by those falls, they look beautiful. Your giant ice cream cone cloud is magnificent! Keep well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm thinking too busy at the moment & we've just got back from minding grandkids over the other side of Melbourne. I'm pooped!!! Isn't the cloud cool.

      Delete
  3. Your veggie garden is looking good! I wish it wasn't so hot... just starting to cool down in Arabia and now I am here in time for the heat :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, just got home at(8.30pm) & haven't checked the garden today. This hot weather is supposed to stick around all summer according to long range weather forecasters, so I certainly won't enjoy much. I'll ring tomorrow hopefully.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see some photos of everything you've been doing. Sometimes it difficult to find time to post when 'life' is rushing past at such a speed. Hopefully I'll be able to read and comment more regularly again. Sending huge hugs, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking beautiful at present, most envious. I cannot summon the energy to get into mine at present - it's either wet, cold, soggy or all three!

    I would like a picnic next to that waterfall, pack an extra salad for me please :)

    ReplyDelete